FRISCO, Texas — FC Dallas opens its 28th season on Saturday, Feb. 25, against Minnesota United FC.
Returning in 2023 will be matches followed by themed, choreographed drone shows. The drone show themes range from Marvel Comics to Top Gun-style.
Six matches in the 2023 season have drone shows scheduled:
- March 4 vs LA Galaxy – 80’s Night
- April 15 vs Real Salt Lake – Dino Night
- June 3 vs Nashville SC – Y’all Means All: Peace & Love
- July 1 vs LAFC – Military Appreciation
- Aug. 26 vs Austin FC – Star Wars Night
- Sept. 23 vs Columbus Crew – Kick Childhood Cancer + Superhero Night
The club and front office enter the season with confidence of making a deeper run at the MLS Cup, one year removed from a return to the playoffs. In January before the club made its preseason trip to Spain, club owner Dan Hunt praised the team's structure and roster makeup.
There will be some notable players not with the club in 2023, including longtime defender Matt Hedges and forward Franco Jara. Notable offseason signings include: former LAFC defender Sebastien Ibeagha, former Deportivo Cali forward José Mulato Palacios, former HNK Gorica defender Amet Korça and Cruzeiro defender Geovane Jesus.
FC Dallas also called up one of its academy products, Tarik Scott, in November. Scott, unfortunately, will miss the 2023 season due to an ACL and LCL tear, Estévez announced Thursday. Estévez said Scott will have surgery on Feb. 21 and his estimated recovery timetable was nine to 12 months.
5 more FC Dallas matches to look out for:
- Feb. 25: Season opener against Minnesota United FC
- March 25: Headed to LA to take on reigning champs, LAFC
- May 6: Welcome to DFW, St. Louis CITY SC
- Aug. 26: Austin FC comes to Frisco
- Sept. 30: Final Texas Derby match of season: Houston Dynamo
For a look at the entire season schedule, click here.
More Texas headlines: