A fire at the Caddo Mills Municipal Airport led to an explosion Wednesday afternoon, officials say.
No injuries were reported, but officials say a nearby elementary school was evacuated as a precaution.
"Due to a fire located at Caddo Mills Municipal Airport, Caddo Mills ISD took precautionary measures for safety and security of Griffis Elementary student," a Facebook post from Caddo Mills ISD officials partially reads.
The airport manager and city hall officials say crews pulled most of the planes out of the building following the fire and explosion.
As this time, the cause of the fire is under investigation.
More on WFAA:
- Michael Webb found guilty in Fort Worth child kidnapping case
- Juul to end product advertising and replace CEO
- 'Miracle baby' born after six miscarriages dies after babysitter left her in hot car, parents say
- Michael Webb waives his right to be present at federal kidnapping trial
- 'We're all in big trouble': Climate panel's report sees a dire future
- New burial rules seek to extend Arlington Cemetery lifespan