Updated Oct. 2 with details of Simpson's capture.
An escaped prisoner from Wyoming who was imprisoned for aggravated burglary with a weapon was in the DFW area and was apprehended and arrested in the Dallas area by the Dallas Police Department Monday, Mesquite Police confirmed.
Around 3:12 a.m. Sunday, the Mesquite Police Department answered a suspicious persons call in the 1200 block of Americana Lane in Mesquite. Upon arrival, they found two men running away from the location.
One of the men was apprehended and was identified as Jason Green, a white 48-year-old escapee from the Wyoming Department of Corrections.
The second man who ran away from police was another escaped prisoner, Robert Akin Simpson, pictured at the top of this story. Simpson is a white 30-year-old who was in custody in Wyoming for aggravated burglary with a weapon.
This is a developing story. Check back for new information. Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- Man shot in car in north Dallas Sunday morning, police say
- Dead body found in Dallas apartment being investigated as homicide, police say
- Jury hears from one witness in Amber Guyger trial on Saturday
- DFW SALARY TRACKER: Find the highest-paid public employees in your area
- Thief targeting elderly residents at Plano homes, police say
- Police raised concerns about Texas gunman 8 years before shooting