If you are working from home right now, consider yourself lucky.
Apartmentlist.com has been crunching numbers and says more than 12.4% of Dallas workers are at immediate economic risk in the "quarantine economy" because they can’t work from home and they are in what are considered non-essential jobs.
They also found that as you go up in salary, your chance of working from home goes up, too. They found that more than 51.7% of people who can do their work outside the office are those who make $100,000 or more per year. Read the full report here.
Monday, Macy’s announced 130,000 employees are soon to be furloughed. We’re going to see more of this.
We have compiled a list of places that are hiring right now.
More on WFAA:
- Right on the Money: Here's how renters could save a little money right now
- Right on the Money: Here's how to apply for unemployment benefits in Texas
- Right on the Money: Coronavirus and the airline industry
- Right on the Money: Why a door knock is more effective than a phone call for political campaigns
- Right on the Money: Jobs, taxes and food