An Arlington woman shot and killed her husband Monday morning, according to Arlington police.
Wendy Behnke, 45, called Arlington police around 8:05 a.m. to say that she had shot her husband.
When officers arrived, they found her husband unresponsive with a gunshot wound in a home in the 7900 block of Corona Avenue. They took him to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
After questioning Behnke, police believe a domestic disturbance led to the shooting.
Behnke was arrested on one count of murder and booked into the Arlington city jail Monday. No bond has been set yet, according to Arlington city jail records.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office will release the name of Behnke's husband once next of kin has been notified.
Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- These are the confirmed COVID-19 cases in Dallas-Fort Worth
- LIST: Dallas-Fort Worth area business closings
- Stocks plunge 2,997 points amid fears coronavirus will cause recession
- Amazon looks to hire 100,000 to keep up with orders amid coronavirus pandemic
- LIST: Cities across North Texas announce closures, other events canceled due to COVID-19 concerns