May 1 is Election Day in Texas. Democrat and Republican voters will cast their ballots in local races across North Texas with hundreds of candidates running, as well as one open U.S. House seat. Some of the key races include mayoral races in Arlington, Fort Worth, Lewisville, McKinney and Plano, as well as city council races in a number of cities, including Dallas and Fort Worth. A number of local bond propositions are up for grabs as well this cycle, including Irving and Plano, and Northwest and Richardson ISDs. Plus, with so many candidates running in a number of races, run-off elections are likely for at least a few positions. WFAA is tracking results from the four big counties: Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton. Join WFAA for live coverage on TV, on WFAA.com, and on Roku. Download the WFAA app to follow along with the results as they come in live.
Results updated every 2 minutes or less (some races may update less frequently).
U.S. Representative Dist. 6Precincts: 269 / 269 (100% reporting)
Arlington MayorPrecincts: 121 / 141 (86% reporting)
Fort Worth MayorPrecincts: 322 / 322 (100% reporting)
- Will Texas Democrats field a viable candidate for governor next year?
- Opponents of GOP-backed Texas voting bills rally outside state Capitol
- Texas GOP's bill to restrict voting passes final House vote, heads back to Senate
- Dallas County Democratic Party Chairwoman Carol Donovan resigns
- Fort Worth race for mayor down to a runoff with two historic choices
- Dallas Fort-Worth elections: Which May 1 races are going to a runoff?
- May 1 Election Day results: Check race results here
- May 1 Election Guide: What Tarrant County voters should know
- May 2021 election guide: What North Texas voters need to know
- May 1 Election Guide: What Collin County voters should know
- May 1 Election Guide: What voters in Dallas County should know
- May 1 Election Guide: What Denton County voters should know
- 'Georgians will not be bullied:' GOP leaders slam MLB decision to pull All-Star game
- MLB pulls All-Star Game, Draft out of Atlanta over controversial election law
- Democrats view Texas congressional special election with a mix of optimism and caution after disappointing 2020