Haltom City police are looking for a white, 50-year-old man who they say is responsible for shooting a 27-year-old man multiple times with a handgun Sunday.
Police arrived at the 2600 block of Portwood Court around 4:25 Sunday to respond to a shooting. The 27-year-old man, who was conscious and talking despite life-threatening injuries, told police the older man who shot him was an acquaintance. The older man drove away from the shooting in an unknown vehicle, police said.
The 27-year-old man was taken by a MedStar ambulance to John Peter Smith Hospital.
Police are still investigating.
More on WFAA:
- Coronavirus live updates: Christians in US, worldwide celebrate Easter like no other
- MAP: These are the confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Dallas-Fort Worth area
- Abbott extends Texas disaster declaration | Here's what that means
- Flyover lanes to U.S. 183W shut down after 18-wheeler flip
- 1 dead in Grand Prairie accident