Dak the puppy may seem adorable right now, but his ultimate purpose is a lot greater than looking cute.
The golden retriever puppy will eventually be a service dog for a veteran diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Dak, named after the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, will spend the next 18 months going through socialization and task-specific training.
Baylor Scott & White Health, Canine Companions for Independence, and the Dallas Cowboys teamed up to announced an expanded training program at BSW's Kinkeade Campus.
Puppy Dak is just a small piece of the expanded program.
More stories from WFAA:
- She lost her sight when she was 12. Now she's a blind trumpeter in the biggest marching band in the U.S.
- Family donates bikes to Dallas police to thank them for a special friendship
- Two in Arizona form Thanksgiving tradition after 2016 mistaken text
- Refugees celebrate their first Thanksgiving in Dallas
- Hundreds of shelter pets get Thanksgiving dinner surprise