These no bake energy bites are a portable, healthy snack perfect for anyone on the go!
- 8 ounces (about 1 packed cup) chopped dates
- ½ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup old-fashioned oats (dry, not cooked)
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine the dates, honey, chia seeds, flax seeds, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and combined. You should be able to stir the mixture- if it is too thick, add in another tablespoon or two of honey.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in the oats, pistachios, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cool (and easier to work with), use a spoon or cookie scoop to shape it into your desired size of energy balls. (I usually make mine about 1-inch in diameter). Alternatively, you can line a small baking pan with parchment paper and press the mixture evenly into the pan, let it cool, then cut it into bars.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (Storing in the refrigerator especially helps the energy bites hold their shape.)
Recipe developed by Ali of Give Me Some Oven