The coldest air of the season is in place this morning.
DFW Airport dipped to 22 degrees, just 1 degree shy of the record low set back in 1911. Winds are lighter but remain in the 10-15 mph range and that has put wind chills in the lower teens and even the single digits.
THIS AFTERNOON: Plenty of sunny skies and the light north winds of 5-10 mph. However, temperatures will only warm into the low 40s.
Another freeze is likely tonight and Wednesday morning, with lows in the 20s pretty much area-wide, but afternoon temps should be a little bit better in the 50s.
Remember to download the WFAA app so you can get the latest forecast and current conditions as well as check one of our dozens of local radars near you.
Check Weather Alerts here.
More on WFAA:
- ALIENS!? Just what exactly was on the weather radar Saturday night?
- DFW ties record low for Nov. 1, only second-time area has seen freezing temps this day
- Why is my tire pressure low?
- City to open emergency shelter at Dallas Convention Center in anticipation of freezing forecast
- 11 things you should do before it freezes in North Texas