DALLAS — Luka Doncic hit a tiebreaking 3-pointer with 0.1 seconds remaining and the Mavericks avoided a fourth-quarter collapse in a 110-107 victory over the Boston Celtics.
The Celtics trailed by 11 points with three minutes to go before Jaylen Brown put them in front in the final minute with a short jumper. Doncic answered with a 3 before Brown pulled Boston even at 107-all with another bucket.
Doncic scored 31 points, while Brown had 29 and Jayson Tatum added 28 in an All-Star matchup for the trio after Brown and Tatum were named Eastern Conference reserves earlier in the day.
With that win, the Mavericks have climbed their way back to .500 on the season, at 15-15.
Dallas has gone from what was once 14th in the West to ninth. The Mavericks are just a game behind the Warriors for a playoff spot, and three games behind Portland for the #5 seed.
Nick Angstadt and Isaac Harris discuss the following topics related to Luka's tiebreaker on Wednesday's episode of the Locked On Mavericks podcast:
- We react to Luka Doncic's game-winner and breakdown the Mavs win over the Celtics.
- Coach Rick Carlisle compares Luka's mentality to some of the greatest players ever.
- We explain why Luka's end-of-game shooting performance the start of his campaign to be league MVP
- Jalen Brunson proves he's the Mavs' second best player this season with another great game.
- Plus, why do Luka and Brunson have such good chemistry and how do they make the game easier for each other.