The PGA has announced their plans -- the season resumes on June 11th.
And as luck may have it, the first tournament on deck is the Charles Schwab Challenge, played at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth.
Golf, and sports in general, have come to a standstill in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The last completed PGA event was the Arnold Palmer Invitational from March 5th-8th. One round of the Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass was completed before the event was canceled.
While golf may return at Colonial in June, safety precautions concerning COVID-19 would likely prevent fans from attending the event.
More on WFAA:
- AT&T Byron Nelson heading to McKinney’s TPC Craig Ranch, sources say
- With Masters delayed, Ryan Palmer spearheads fundraising efforts with pros for a purpose
- British Open canceled until 2021 as golf schedule reworked
- Trump says he believes NFL season will start on time in meeting with sports commissioners
- 'Reframe what's important': Perspective and insight from Jordan Spieth trainer Damon Goddard after PGA Tour suspends season