A woman's body was found Wednesday floating in Lavon Lake in the Lavonia Park area in Wylie.
The Collin County Sheriff's Office pulled the body from the lake after they were contacted by Wylie police, officials said in a statement released late Wednesday afternoon.
The identification of the woman is pending notification of next of kin, said Capt. Nick Bristow, with the Collin County Sheriff's Office.
The body was taken to the Collin County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
More on WFAA:
- Harvey Weinstein reaches $25M civil settlement with 30 women, report says
- What is a Blue Alert and why did my phone just go off?
- Pizza delivery driver kills one, shoots another after attempted robbery, Dallas police sources say
- 1 arrested on intoxicated manslaughter charge after fatal crash shuts down Highway 183 in Irving
- Man who killed Houston-area officer on the run; police surround southeast Houston neighborhood
- Teen dies after shooting in east Fort Worth home