GRAPEVINE, Texas — Updated at 9:30 a.m. Sunday with the victim's name.
A 13-year-old girl drowned in Grapevine Lake Saturday evening, officials said.
Authorities said Angelica Moore was swimming when she became distressed and went underwater.
Texas Parks and Wildlife, Grapevine police and fire, and Flower Mound fire crews all responded to the call just west of Rockledge Park around 7 p.m.
Her body was found by Texas Park and Wildlife rangers and recovered by Grapevine fire divers.
Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More from WFAA:
- Dallas police arrest man accused of shooting 2 homeless residents
- Man accused of shooting his wife dies after exchanging gunfire with Irving police
- Man dies after being shot multiple times while inside vehicle, Dallas police say
- DeSoto man accused of fatally shooting his son after a physical altercation, police say
- 1 person killed, another injured in Dallas shooting, police say