FORT WORTH, Texas — One person was taken to a hospital and 14 people were treated at the scene after crews responded to a report of a carbon monoxide leak at a Fort Worth nail salon on Wednesday.

Fort Worth firefighters and MedStar ambulance crews responded to the salon off Overton Ridge Boulevard, near Hulen Mall, about 5 p.m. The initial call was a report of someone feeling sick inside the salon, according to the Fort Worth Fire Department.

When crews arrived, they found high levels of carbon monoxide inside the salon. 

Crews evacuated and ventilated the building, and the carbon monoxide leak did not spread to other businesses in the shopping center.

FWPD carbon monoxide
Fort Worth Fire Dept. Twitter