DALLAS — Dallas Police have arrested a man who took out a machete during a road rage incident and began beating another driver's vehicle with it earlier this month, police said.
Jose Monsivais, 32, was arrested by Dallas Police Tuesday and charged with criminal mischief a state felony. His bond has not been set yet.
Monsivais crashed his car into another person's Subaru and then tried to drive away just before 9 a.m. May 10, police said. When the other driver drove into Monsivais' car to stop him from leaving, Monsivais got out of his car, machete in hand, and whacked the Subaru several times.
The whole thing was captured in a cell phone video.
Police gave these tips to avoid road rage:
- First and foremost, be courteous
- Never tailgate
- Always use a turn signal when changing lanes
- Avoid changing lanes at the last minute
- Always check your mirrors and let faster motorists pass
- Avoid honking your horn when possible
- Remember other drivers may have had a very stressful day
- If someone continues to follow you after a couple turns, proceed to your local law enforcement agency or remain in a well lighted public area
- Plan your trip well in advance and give yourself plenty of time to arrive