This story has been updated at 6:43 p.m. Wednesday with the number of fatalities in the crash, two victim names and the time of the crash.
Three people are dead and two are injured in a car crash on Farm to Market Road 156 between Intermodal Parkway and Old Blue Mound Road just west of Alliance Airport in far north Fort Worth, MedStar says. The crash happened at 8:23 p.m., officials said. Two vehicles were involved.
Both drivers of the respective cars are dead, police said Wednesday. Todd Lamar Thomas, 29, was the driver who tried to pass another car on a two-lane road and hit the car that Crystal Lynn Haskins was driving head-on. Both drivers died at the scene.
The two injured have been airlifted to Cook Children's Hospital, MedStar said. One child is in critical condition and the other is in serious condition, MedStar said.
Several Fort Worth fire, police and MedStar EMS units are at the scene, officials said. Multiple ambulances have been requested to the scene.
FM 156 is in the process of being completely shut down right now.
Expect major delays through this area. It is best to find another route around FM 156.
At 9:39 p.m., a Fort Worth police captain was on the way to the scene.
This is a developing story. Check back for new information. Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- Right on the Money: The number that explains why your DFW rush hour commute seems more crowded
- Letter to Myself: Advice for cancer fighters on the same journey
- WATCH: Citizens shoved and pushed by Dallas police at first Community Police Oversight Board Meeting
- Richardson police looking for suspects who stole woman's phone, threatened to kidnap her child
- Alabama's capital elects its first black mayor