DALLAS — Update at 2:25 p.m. Saturday with news that crews recovered the body of the missing kayaker.
Rescue crews have recovered the body of a missing kayaker in Lake Ray Hubbard.
A Dallas city spokesperson said the kayak went under just before 11 a.m. Saturday.
The pair was reportedly preparing for a race at Windsurf Bay Park at 5556 Locust Grove Road.
Neither person was wearing a lifejacket. The woman came up quickly and was rescued by a person in a boat, but the man never surfaced, city officials said.
Around 2 p.m., crews confirmed they recovered the body. At this time they are not releasing the man's name.
More on WFAA:
- 2 dead, 8 shot in South Carolina night club shooting
- Controversial Robert E. Lee statue removed from Dallas has new home in Lajitas, TX
- Blood pressure medication recall for cancer risk expanded
- Protesters in Fort Worth, Denton join Global Climate Strike
- Officials: Tour bus crash near national park in Utah kills 4