DALLAS — This story has been updated throughout with police records.
A 34-year-old man was arrested in his girlfriend's death after he told officers he "accidentally murdered" her, police records show.
Donald Jamain Henderson called 911 on Tuesday to ask for police officers and an ambulance to go to the Jack in the Box near Park Lane and Greenville Avenue. He gave officers the address and key to an apartment in the 1200 block of S. Ewing Avenue, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.
Officers went to the apartment around 11:35 a.m. and found 45-year-old Gretchen Nicole Easton dead on the kitchen floor, the warrant says.
Henderson told detectives that he shot Easton during an altercation. He referred to Easton as his girlfriend and said they were alone at the time of the shooting, the warrant says.
Henderson was booked in to the Dallas County jail on a murder charge Tuesday night.
He remains jailed in lieu of $500,000 bail.
More on WFAA:
- Teen drowned in McKinney golf course pond
- Should JPS Hospital in Fort Worth ditch McDonald's? Medical group pushes for change
- AT&T service restored in parts of Fort Worth that were unable to make 911 calls earlier Tuesday
- 2 injured after car crashes into Fort Worth pizza restaurant
- 13 home burglaries in the Park Cities are linked, police say