Updated Dec. 1 with information on the man's death.
A man is dead after being hit by a car Saturday night while trying to cross the on-ramp at the south side of Interstate Loop 820 and the westbound side of Interstate 30 in Fort Worth, police said.
The incident happened at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, police said.
The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition where he later died. Police don't know why he was on the on-ramp.
Police are in the process of notifying the man's family and said they will have more information on the driver of the car soon.
This is a developing story. Check back for new information. Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- Woman kills 17-year-old in wrong-way crash in North Richland Hills on Thanksgiving Day, police say
- Maltese prosecutors charge businessman in reporter's killing
- Iraqi PM formally submits resignation amid more violence
- Powerful storm pushes into Midwest with heavy snow and winds
- Drunk driver crashes into MLK Community Center; nobody injured, police say