A Dallas man faces a murder charge after admitting to police he shot a man who later died.
According to police, Derek Youngblood, 43, drove away from a shooting scene Saturday after several witnesses called 911 from the 9600 block of Ferris Branch Boulevard around 5:30 p.m. Witnesses told police Youngblood and another person shot at each other.
Police found Youngblood after doing a traffic stop at 10000 Ferndale Road. His girlfriend was driving, and Youngblood had a gunshot wound in his hand. Police confiscated two rifles from the car and took Youngblood to a hospital for treatment.
The man Youngblood shot was taken to a local hospital by Dallas Fire Rescue. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. After treatment, Youngblood admitted to Dallas police he shot the man.
Youngblood was arrested and now faces a murder charge. The man who was shot will not be named until next of kin have been notified.
More on WFAA:
- Thousands wait to take US citizenship oath amid COVID-19 delays
- 1st space test launch by Richard Branson's Virgin Orbit postponed
- MAP: These are the confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Dallas-Fort Worth area
- Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu attacks justice system as corruption trial begins
- White House bans travel to US from Brazil over coronavirus spread