Most lanes of southbound I-35 near Pleasant Run were shut down earlier Tuesday after an 18-wheeler driven by a drunk driver crashed into another 18-wheeler that was broken down and full of peanut butter, according to officials with the City of DeSoto.
The driver of the truck containing the peanut butter only received minor injuries and was taken to a hospital.
The driver of the 18-wheeler that crashed into the peanut butter truck was arrested for DWI, according to officials.
The crash happened around 5 p.m. and shut down all but one lane of the highway.
One lane is now open at the scene of the crash, and emergency responders are putting some of the peanut butter onto another truck and are cleaning up the mess on the highway.
No word on if the peanut butter is creamy or crunchy.
This is a developing story. Check back for new information. Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- Whistleblower complaint could be headed to Congress
- Neighbors heard shouting before Amber Guyger shot Botham Jean inside his own apartment
- 2 fired SEAL leaders say Navy making them scapegoats
- Michael Webb waives his right to be present at federal kidnapping trial
- FAA misled Congress on inspectors' training, probe finds