A fire erupted Sunday morning at an auto brake shop in South Dallas.
Around 10:52 a.m. Dallas Fire Rescue received reports of a fire at Power Brake Sales located at 3411 East Kiest Boulevard.
When crews arrived they saw smoke coming from the building and immediately began battling the blaze. They called additional crews to help stop the fire from spreading.
Officials say at least five people were inside the building during the fire, but they were able to get out safely.
Investigators say the cause of the fire was accidental. They say it was caused by "a heat source being too close to combustible materials."
More on WFAA:
- 16-year-old boy dies after Irving dog attack, officials say
- Families mourn, bury those killed in Dayton, El Paso shootings
- Woman wanted after killing owner of ‘Kingz of Cutz' barbershop, police say
- Teen faces charges in connection with shooting death of 10-year-old McKinney boy
- Richardson teacher accused of child exploitation found dead on day he was to talk to police
- Timeline of Dallas police Chief's return to work remains unknown