Two people have been arrested after a 6-year-old boy was found locked inside a shed in southeast Dallas.
Police did not release the names of the arrested people.
Officials released limited information but said the boy was found in a shed in the 1100 block of Coston Drive near Lake June Road. Police said Monday they found the boy while responding to a welfare check.
"Due to the nature of the offense, this is all the information that is available," Dallas police spokeswoman Melinda Gutierrez in a statement.
Child Protective Services said the 6-year-old boy, his 7-year-old sister and 4-year-old brother were taken from the home. They've been placed in foster care.
CPS officials did not say whether there have been incidents in the family before. Dallas police did not say whether the two people arrested are related to the children.
A spokesperson for Dallas ISD said based on the information provided, the district does not believe the child is a Dallas ISD student.
Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- Gregory, Travis McMichael charged with murder of Ahmaud Arbery: GBI
- Viral video sensation 'double rainbow guy' dies at 57
- 5 people shot in Fort Worth park where hundreds were gathered, officials say
- 24-year-old woman shot and killed at Arlington apartment complex, police say
- Man shot twice in apartment parking lot, Fort Worth police say