GRAPEVINE, Texas — Updated Friday after the child's parents were located.
A young child is in CPS custody after they were found walking along State Highway 121 in Grapevine early Friday, according to police.
Officials say a driver spotted the child walking alone around 4:30 a.m. on the southbound side of the highway near Hall-Johnson Road and called 911.
That person stayed with the child until police arrived. Officials said the child is 2 to 3 years old and was uninjured.
The child was not able to tell officers a name or address, police said. When officers couldn't locate the child's family during an initial search, the child was placed in CPS custody.
Police said the child's parents were found about three hours later.
CPS is still investigating the case and is working with the parents to "determine next steps."
Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More from WFAA:
- Teen caught in crossfire of drive-by shooting in Dallas, officials say
- After 6 days of protests, Dallas town hall held to address police oversight board
- Dallas County records highest daily COVID-19 positive cases, on pace for deadliest week
- Protester shares list of demands; Fort Worth City Council votes to end curfew
- 'Racism is a public health crisis': COVID-19 and racial disparity