FARMERS BRANCH, Texas — Police say a 12-year-old girl was injured while trying to get away from a man during an attempted child abduction.
According to Farmers Branch police, the incident occurred around 1:30 p.m. near the 14226 block of Heritage Circle.
The girl told police an unknown man with a weapon approached her. She was able to get away but suffered minor injuries, officials say.
The suspect is described as being a Hispanic male, 40 to 50 years old, 5 feet tall, with a gray/white mustache.
The man was wearing a blue baseball hat, blue short-sleeve shirt and jeans, police say.
The suspect fled towards Josey Lane in an “older midsized car" with no tint on the windows, officials said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Farmers Branch police at 972-919-1406 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on WFAA:
- Teen fatally shot, body found at elementary school in Dallas
- Police make arrest in stabbing death of Ponder mother
- Texas substitute teacher fired after video shows her allegedly fighting with student
- 'You will get nothing. You have to walk away': Governmental immunity blocks Texans from protection
- 'What we are seeing is a gross cover up from top to bottom': Ross family attorney says