Updated at 9:34 p.m. with information on the death of the victim.
A boy is dead after being shot just after 2 p.m. Sunday in Haltom City, officials said.
Haltom City and Richland Hills police officers who arrived on the scene found the juvenile in the parking lot of the Rio Vista apartment complex at 6324 Baker Boulevard, suffering from severe gunshot wounds.
Officials took the boy to North Hills Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Because the person who was shot is a juvenile, police are not releasing the person's name.
Late Sunday night, school officials confirmed the boy was a student at Birdville ISD.
Police don't have a possible suspect yet but are working on getting more information. No motives are known at this time.
Haltom City Police ask anyone with any information about this to call them at 817-222-7000.
This is a developing story. Check back for new information. Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- Friends and family gather to remember 22-year-old North Texas father killed in Michigan home invasion
- Indians trade ace pitcher Corey Kluber to Rangers
- Can baseball help Bernie Sanders hit a 2020 home run?
- Big Pharma empire behind OxyContin now selling overdose cure
- Inside Texas Politics: U.S. House to vote on impeachment this week