A man was hit and killed by a car Saturday afternoon, marking the first traffic fatality in Grand Prairie, police said Sunday.
The man, who has not been publicly identified, is suspected to have been drunk when he tried to cross the road around 6:45 p.m. Saturday in the 2500 block of West Main Street and Texas Highway 180, police said.
He was crossing the road going north when a woman driving west in a 2019 Acura SUV hit him, police said.
The 63-year-old driver will not face any charges, police said.
The man was taken to Medical City Arlington and pronounced dead, police said.
More on WFAA:
- NFL teams' social media accounts reportedly hacked ahead of Super Bowl 54
- Woman killed in shooting at North Dallas Walmart
- Local partnership plans tallest office tower in Uptown
- Violence in the city continues: Dallas had 4 shootings within 1 hour Sunday
- BBB warns of clickbait scams after Kobe Bryant tragedy