FORT MYERS, Fla. — A woman from Sarasota is facing multiple charges after she refused to wear a mask on a plane and spit on other passengers, police say.
According to an arrest report, Adelaide Schrowang, 23, was removed from a plane Wednesday at Southwest Florida International Airport when she would not put a mask on.
She even got so upset she spat on other people who were on the plane, the report says.
The plane's captain eventually called the Lee County Port Authority Police Department to get her off the plane. Officers said Schrowang argued with police in "a loud voice and then started to cry and yell in a loud tone of voice."
Schrowang was booked into the Lee County Jail and faces charges of resisting an officer, trespassing and a county ordinance violation for interference with aircraft operations.
Masks are required at all airports and on planes until at least Sept 13, 2021, according to the Transportation Security Administration.
The requirement is part of President Joe Biden's Executive Order, Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel, which was issued on Jan. 21, 2021.
What other people are reading right now:
- City of Tampa to hold Bolts Stanley Cup boat parade Monday
- DeSantis not ‘jumping to conclusions’ about statewide impact of Surfside condo collapse
- Seven African penguins dead at Florida Aquarium
- Here's where you can buy Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup champs gear
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter