A 35-year-old man was shot and killed Tuesday night in the front yard of a house, police say.
Around 8:40 p.m., Dallas police responded to a report of a shooting near the 4000 block of Jamaica Street.
When officers arrived, they found the victim, Charles Johnson, 35, in the front yard of a residence with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene, officials say.
At this time, no one has been arrested in connection with the deadly shooting.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact Dallas police at 214- 671-3605 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference case no. 089238-2020.
Crime Stoppers is also offering up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest and indictment. They can be reached at 214-373-8477.
This is a developing story. Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- Man struck, killed by vehicle in southern Dallas
- Police rescue family members after woman killed in domestic violence shooting, officials say
- Mother, child killed in murder-suicide identified
- Prairieland detainees file class-action lawsuit against ICE related to coronavirus cases in facility
- Texas man falsely claimed to employ hundreds in order to receive PPP loans, DOJ says