DALLAS — Oct. 3, 2019: This story has been updated with an arrest.
Police have arrested a man in the murder of a homeless man shot dead in the parking lot of a Lake Highlands parking lot.
According to police, Reginal Reshard Knox, 21, was arrested Wednesday afternoon. Knox is in custody on a capital murder warrant. His bond has not been set at this time, police said.
Earlier in August, Gerald Wayne Harris, 59, found shot early Monday morning in the parking lot of a Lake Highlands shopping center.
Police found Harris injured at about 12:12 a.m. after police received a call of shots fired in the 9200 block of Skillman Street in Dallas.
Harris was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
Witnesses in the area said the man was homeless who mostly kept to himself. Police said the suspect took off with the victim's bike.
Dallas police have asked anyone with information about the shooting call Det. Derick Chaney at 214-671-3650 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips can also be made to Crime Stoppers, which pays up to $5,000 for information leading to an arrest and indictment, at 214-373-TIPS (8477).
More local WFAA crime coverage:
- Dallas mayor launches violent crime task force
- Woman wanted in homicide of ‘Kingz of Cutz' barbershop owner turns herself in, police say
- Man accused of killing twin sister in Haltom City was arrested in South Carolina
- Suspect shot, killed by troopers after pursuit in South Dallas, officials say
- Man rushed to hospital after being shot multiple times, Fort Worth police say
- Woman dies after being shot in Fort Worth, police say
- 'Put down your gun': Faith leaders call for week of peace after 9-year-old girl killed by crossfire