ARLINGTON, Texas — This story has been updated to identify the victim who was killed.
One man is dead and another had to be airlifted to Fort Worth after they arrived at Arlington Memorial Hospital with apparent gunshot wounds, according to police.
Arlington officers responding to reports of multiple gunshots in the 600 block of Greystoke Drive just after 9 p.m. found blood evidence consistent with a shooting, police said.
Shortly after that, officers learned two injured men had arrived at Arlington Memorial Hospital.
One of the men, 24-year-old Christopher Anthony Williams, was pronounced dead. He had been shot multiple times, according to authorities. The second man, also in his 20s, was airlifted to Harris Hospital in Fort Worth. His condition was not known as of Saturday morning, Arlington police said.
Investigators are working to determine exactly what happened and what the motive might be. Arlington police say high risk activity may be involved.
Anyone with information about this shooting should contact Homicide Detective Simmons at 817-459-5735 or leave an anonymous tip with the Tarrant County Crime Stoppers at 817-469-TIPS.
This is a developing story and will be updated. For more breaking news coverage, download the all-new WFAA app.
More on WFAA:
- Fifth grader who had the flu has died, Coppell ISD says
- Thousands in Baghdad march to remember Iran general killed by US
- DeSoto restaurant among businesses to be featured during Weight Watchers tour with Oprah Winfrey
- Bride plans impromptu wedding in her father's hospital room
- Search underway for missing Fort Worth woman