A man who was wanted for multiple robberies led police on a high-speed chase in Killeen Saturday afternoon.

The chase started sometime after 4 p.m. along Rancier Road.

The suspect, identified as 26-year-old Deon Clay, was taken into custody at 5:02 p.m. at the intersection of Highway 195 and Rancier Avenue. Clay had several outstanding warrants, including aggravated robbery, evading arrest in a vehicle and making a false statement to obtain credit.

According to the Killeen Police department, officers and detectives at KPD received a call that the Copperas Cove Police Department was in a pursuit of a white Dodge Challenger traveling eastbound on I-14 toward Killeen. Killeen Police Officers were able to find the vehicle in the area of Stan Schlueter Loop and Judson Street, and they joined the pursuit.

David Jones witnessed the chase and told Channel 6 he tried to stop the man at a McDonalds located near Stan Schlueter Loop and Fort Hood Street.

“When he came speeding through the McDonalds and almost hit me, I was upset. I was thinking ‘what if I had a child in the car?’ I need to stop him before he really hurts somebody,” said Jones.

Police said the driver led officers throughout Killeen at a high rate of speed. Scanner reports suggested speeds reached at least 120 mph, at times.

Brandon Romero also witnessed the chase and said Clay almost rear-ended his vehicle near Adrian Barnes Drive and Elms Road. Romero said he had to pull off the road in order to avoid being hit by Clay and remained on the side of the road to allow police cruisers to pursue the suspect.

Romero estimated Clay was traveling nearly 80 miles per hour at that particular point in the chase.

Spike strips were deployed at the intersection of Fishpond Lane and Weiss Drive, causing damage to the left front tire of the vehicle. The driver continued to drive toward Jasper road and turned northbound onto Fort Hood Street.

A police unit was able to disable the Challenger by striking it from behind causing the car to stop at the intersection of Fort Hood Street and Rancier Avenue. Clay ran from the car, but officers were able to take him into custody at the scene after a brief struggle.

A viewer caught the below footage of the suspect in custody:

Photos and video taken by viewers show the chase and the vehicle surrounded by police vehicles after the chase was over. A female was also in the vehicle when the chase started, but she bailed out of the vehicle at some point during the chase, according to witnesses. There was no immediate word on who she was nor whether or not she had been located.

Clay was also involved in a separate police chase Friday evening in Killeen, where he fled on foot and left an 18-month-old baby in the car, according to Killeen Police.

Killeen Police are searching for 26-year-old Deon Clay after he fled on foot in a Killeen neighborhood following a traffic stop and a short car pursuit.

Clay led the officers on that other short pursuit Friday from the intersection of Trimmier Road and Atlas Avenue to Safari Street, got out of the car and ran, according to KPD. Police officials said Friday they believed Clay to be "armed and dangerous." However, police did not find a weapon when he was arrested Saturday after the second chase.

No injuries were reported during either pursuit. Texas DPS Troopers assisted Copperas Cove Police and the Killeen police department in the most recent chase. They also had air support from an Austin-based helicopter.