A slain woman and a man were found "suffering from obvious trauma" inside a bedroom in a Cedar Hill home, police said.
Officers responded around 7:30 a.m. Thursday after someone called 911 from a home in the 1400 block of Atkins Street.
When officers arrived at the house, a juvenile directed them to an upstairs bedroom, police said.
Officers forced their way into the locked room and found the body 37-year-old Yvonne Perkins and an injured man.
The man, 44-year-old Curtis Bullock, was taken to the hospital, where he remained Friday.
Officials said both Perkins and Bullock appeared to have "obvious trauma."
Bullock faces a murder charge in Perkins' death, police said.
Investigators are working to determine a motive, and officials say there is not a history of disturbance calls at the house.
More on WFAA:
- Boy, 10, dies after shooting at McKinney apartment complex
- Video shows man stealing display speaker from Arlington business
- Woman accused of crashing into construction site while driving drunk with child in car
- 'Extremely dangerous' escaped inmate from Tennessee may have left the state
- Man who brought gun to Paradise High School was later found wedged between two concrete walls
- End of watch: Ceremony to honor Frisco K-9 officer