AUSTIN, Texas -- Austin police are investigating three explosions in ten days. Two people are dead and several others have been injured. Police said they believe it might the work of a serial bomber.

The bombings took place within miles of each other. Police are warning residents not just in Austin, but also across the state to call authorities if they see a suspicious package.

Calls came flooding into Austin 911 when the explosions went off.

Jessica Falcon said just before noon, she heard a loud boom near her home on Galindo Street.

"I was in my room about to get a diaper, and all of a sudden we heard an explosion that moved the ground and that's when we walked out and saw the smoke and the lady on the floor," said Falcon.

Police said a Hispanic female in her 70s picked up a box on her front door step, and it went off in her hands.

"She had cuts on her face, and her leg was bleeding," said Deanna DeLaFuente.

Four hours earlier, police said a 17-year-old boy was killed after a package exploded. A woman in her 40s was also injured.

"We are scared and confused. We don't know if we're safe in an any area in town. What's going on," said Falcon.

Police said they believe a third bombing on March 2 that killed a man is also related, but they aren't sure how the victims are connected or if this is random.

"We don't know if the victims are the intended targets. The packages are left in homes with multiple residents or they are maybe at the wrong address," said Austin Police Chief Brian Manley.

Dozens of FBI and ATF agents have been brought in to investigate. Right now, the only thing the victims seem to have in common is that they are all minorities.

"We will leave no stoned unturned because we are not going to allow this to go on in our city," said Chief Manley.

Austin Police did evacuate homes near the explosions for fear there might be more packages and told residents to be vigilant.

The Hispanic woman who was injured is in critical but stable condition.

Police said whoever built the bombs had some level of expertise. They won't say what the bombs were made off because that would compromise the investigation.

There are pictures posted on social media of the 17-year-old victim whose grandfather is a prominent dentist in Austin. He asked WFAA not share his son's picture because no one has confirmed to him his son is dead and asked WFAA respect the family's wishes.