DALLAS — Police were dispatched to a robbery in progress around 2:45 a.m. Monday at a 7-Eleven in the 2500 block of Oak Lawn Avenue.
According to officials, three masked men attempted to take the ATM from that location. Two suspects put the ATM in the back of a white Chevy truck. The third suspect fled on foot, authorities say.
The ATM fell out of the back of the truck as the suspects were fleeing and was recovered by police, officials say.
No injuries were reported. The investigation is ongoing, police say.
This is a developing story. Check back for new information. Download our free WFAA app to stay up-to-date on all news stories in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
More on WFAA:
- 'It’s time for me to get in here, do the work:' Chief Hall says in Twitter video on her first day back
- More than 30 people displaced after fire destroys 16 units at Arlington apartment complex
- Teen will face capital murder charge in shooting death of 67-year-old man
- Questions after police locate stolen car that reportedly had a baby inside
- Politicians seek answers on veteran's death at VA hospital in West Virginia
- 'She was a beautiful soul': Mother of bride killed minutes after getting married remembers daughter