Get the biggest deals delivered to your inbox! Click here to sign up for the DEALBOSS newsletter.
Almost anything can be and has been used as a pizza topping: Fritos, falafel, even lobster. So it's understandable that the task of creating a new pizza can seem bit overwhelming.
When it decided to create a new pizza, Papa John's turned to its customers and fans and held a vote.
Chicken and waffles beat out huevos rancheros and something called the un-pizza, according to the Tweet Tuesday from Papa John's. In a follow-up Tweet, Papa John's said the new pizza would feature crispy chicken, waffle crumbles, bacon, cheese and a drizzle of spicy honey.
Papa John's said the pizza would be available later this year; a price was not immediately available.
The announcement generated a few questions and some enthusiasm on Twitter.
Are you excited to try chicken and waffles on a pizza? Leave a comment on Facebook.com/DEALBOSS and let us know.
MORE FROM DEALBOSS
- How to get free Starbucks from Sprint
- Froot Loops Mini Donuts will return to Carl's Jr. and Hardee's
- This $35 laundry detergent can last you three years
- Teach your kids about NASA's female pioneers with this $16 LEGO set
- How to fly to Iceland this spring for $45
- How to get 228 Ricola cough drops for under $20
The station’s journalists were not involved in writing this story. This Station and its parent company may receive a share of the revenue from the retailer that sells the product if you make a purchase through a link on this page.