DALLAS — More than half of Americans (57%) have felt at least some financial anxiety during the pandemic, according to an April 2021 survey by the American Institute for CPAs.
The impact of financial stress and can weigh heavy on hearts and minds as Americans begin the process entering a post-vaccine normal.
Derrick Kinney, a private wealth advisor, joined WFAA to share a checklist of important takeaways for personal finance.
Investing for Beginners
For anyone starting their investment journey, Kinney shared these three takeaways:
1. What is your investing "why?"
2. Make simple money decisions
3. Invest in yourself first
Investment strategies can change based on age group. Kinney shared these three takeaways for Millennials and younger:
1. Be the creator of money, not the receiver of it
2. Be an investor, not a spender
3. Be a confident wealth builder
Getting Ready for Retirement
Regardless of your age, strategies for retirement planning can ensure you're financially ready when the time comes. Kinney shared these strategies:
1. Live on a 'practice' retirement budget
2. Retire to something, not just from something
3. Know your magic number
BitCoin and DogeCoin are two types of digital money, known as cryptocurrency, that are making headlines. Kinney shared three takeaways to help you ensure you're making the right money moves.
1. Understand how it works
2. Resist the fear of missing out
3. Invest strategically