Anonymous donations have paid off $70,000 in layaway purchases at two Walmart stores in Alabama.
A company spokesman says someone paid off $45,000 in purchases at a store in the east Alabama city of Anniston on Monday. He says someone paid off another $25,000 in layaway purchases two days later at a Walmart in nearby Oxford.
It's unclear whether the same person was responsible for both donations.
Customers who arrived to pick up layaway items on Monday got a note that says: “God loves you. Jesus paid the price.”
What other people are reading right now:
- 15-year-old dead after a shooting at the home of a Tampa police officer
- Craigslist ad for 'grandma' without family on Christmas goes viral
- Sheriff: Deputies shoot and kill man after mom calls 911, saying her son had just stabbed her
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay
- Manatee County schools employee resigns; investigators say he sent inappropriate texts to student
FREE 10NEWS APP: