Registered Dietitian Malena Perdomo stopped by the 9NEWS studio with some healthy lunch ideas.
1) PB&J sandwich- low cost, simple and easy to carry without ice packs.
2) Open PB&J with banana slices on top with sunflower seeds- prepare one open slide sandwich for those watching their carbs or two slices for those wanting to get fuller.
3) Bean burrito- classic burrito to prepare in the morning with refried beans, scrambled eggs, and green chili. Keep it cold sack lunch.
4) Lettuce or chard wrap burrito with ABCD (avocado, beans, corn, dressing). This is for those who prefer to skip the tortilla and want low carb lunch.
5) Sandwich - simple sandwich with lunchmeat and cheese, tomato and lettuce.
6) Pasta salad with bacon (a slide), pieces of ham, cheese, peppers- this is a pasta salad with sub sandwich ingredients.
7) Zucchini and yellow squash bowl with cooked shrimp, cheese and basil. This is low carb, veggie bowl.
8) Soup and Salad. - Sometimes people get tired of salad or don't get enough to last them throughout the day. soup and water content will help you feel satisfy with a salad.
9) Finally, for those who travel, on the go all the time find healthy options when eating out and carry bags of nuts, dried fruits and jerky for snacks.
10) Water and hot tea.