DALLAS — It may have been time to celebrate the New Year just a few weeks ago, but did you know there's another new year celebration coming up this weekend?
The Lunar New Year, the beginning of the lunar calendar that is observed by numerous cultures around the world, kicks off this Sunday. That gives you a whole new excuse to go out and party and celebrate, and there's plenty going on this weekend to help you do so.
With that said, let's get into it.
Whatever the opposite of a hot streak is, that's what the Mavs have been on. They've lost five of their last six games -- five of those being away games -- and will be hosting their second home game after losing to the Atlanta Hawks at the AAC Wednesday night. So, come out Friday to see if the Mavs can get things back on the right track.
The Lunar New Year celebrations kick off this Saturday at the Dallas Farmers Market. Festivities include a dragon dance performance from the JL Dance Troupe at 3 p.m. along with activities like Chinese character calligraphy and free dumpling samples.
- Legally Blonde at Winspear Opera House (Dallas)
- Dos Hombres bottle signing w/ Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston at Total Wine & More (Dallas)
- Citizen Kane at Texas Theatre (Dallas)
- Tokyo Story at Texas Theatre (Dallas)
- Dallas Stars vs Arizona Coyotes at American Airlines Center (Dallas)
- Southlake Spring Festival at Southlake Town Square (Southlake)
Miraculously, despite numerous setbacks this season, the Dallas Cowboys won a playoff game. How often does that happen? And who knows how long it will last. While they aren't playing at home, there are plenty of free watch parties being held around town, including at the AT&T Discovery District.