The West End district of dallas was once only a trading post for founder of Dallas John Neely Bryan. In 1872 when the first train arrived into Dallas factories and warehouses were built there. In the 1970s downtown Dallas was changing and new buildings replaced old warehouses and factories. In june 1976 Preston Carter Jr a local developer signed to keep the west end. It was turned into a shopping,and entertainment location of downtown. The west end marketplace was a popular mall that closed in 2006. Today with the victory development more businesses are moving back to the west end.
WFAA LIFE TODAY SEGMENT Dallas West End
This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options: