DALLAS - Starting Friday night, downtown Dallas will have a new addition to its nighttime skyline. It starts with a Christmas light show at the historic Davis Building at the corner of Main and Field streets.
On Friday morning, News 8 got an exclusive first look before the opening show. The lights can project a variety of colors, and will be used not only for the holidays, but for a number of events throughout the year as well. The full light show will start just in time for Saturday’s annual City Lights celebrations in downtown.
The project in revitalizing the lighting design took 18 months.
"We're very excited,” said Jason Hanna, with the Bascom Group, which owns the Davis Building. “Before we acquired the building, we met with Downtown Dallas Inc., and part of what their vision and their movement was to light up downtown, so we partnered with the same two firms that did Reunion Tower to also do the Davis Building."
The building’s lights will be officially turned on at 7p.m. Friday, and will have a set schedule that runs every 30 minutes:
Lighting Show Schedule Friday
Show will commence every half hour beginning at 7 p.m.
- Kick-off Downtown Dallas "City Lights" Eve with holiday themes
- A salute to Dallas sports teams
- The Gold and Silver Waltz
- The Rainbow Connection
- The Woman in White
- The Star Spangled Banner
- The Historic Davis Building - Pride of Main Street'
City Lights Opening Night Schedule Saturday
The official tree lighting ceremony begins at 7 p.m.
- Official Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Santa’s Arrival
- Main Street Garden
- Photos with Santa – Main Stage
- Main Street Garden
- Holiday Festival along Main Street: Vendors, performers, food, movies and more
- Neiman Marcus Crawl Tube Experience: Neiman Marcus (Ervay and Main streets)
- Cocktail Corner featuring the Neiman Marcus Holiday Butterfly Collection: Belo Garden (Griffin St. and Main St.)
- Cocktail Corner featuring $5 Campfire Martinis, S'mores: Hot Cocoa from Iron Cactus and the Neiman Marcus Holiday Car Tree at Pegasus Plaza (Akard and Main streets)
- Chinese Lantern Festival “Dragon & Phoenix” Float Display: One Main Place (Griffin and Main streets)
- It’s a Wonderful Life (approximately 8 p.m.): Showing at Griffin and Main streets
- Ro2 Art DOWNTOWN Gallery: CHANCE DUNLAP: Metalicious from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at 1408 Elm Street
- Ro2 Art DOWNTOWN Projects: GARY FARRELLY: Terminal Compositions from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at 110 N. Akard