Ole! This recipe is so easy and you can make it in less than 30 minutes. Using your slow cooker to make enchiladas? YES! Try this when you want to come home to an easy no-fuss meal.
- Four boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 small soft flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded and cooked chicken
- 3 cups Monterey Jack/Colby cheese blend - shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes
- In slow cooker put four chicken breasts with salt and pepper to your preference and add one whole can of Rotel tomatoes.
- Cook for five hours or until chicken becomes tender.
- Drain chicken into large bowl saving broth and set aside.
- Add cheese to chicken and divide cooked chicken/cheese mixture evenly between 12 tortillas
- Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly