A spoonful of cinnamon is burning up YouTube lately, but doctors are sending out a warning that it is a dangerous stunt.

It is called The Cinnamon Challenge.

To take part you have to swallow a teaspoon of cinnamon within a minute and without using water.

Kids are daring each other to post videos of their attempts on YouTube.

Medical professionals want you to know it is unsafe. They say people risk choking, collapsed lungs, and even pneumonia. It is especially dangerous for children with asthma.

Read or Share this story: