Tips for coping with back pain fromDr. Jason Williams:
Three Preventative Steps to Avoid Back Pain:
1) Stay active or start exercise routine that includes core strengthening.
2) Minimize lifting, bending and twisting your body.
3) When lifting heavy objects, use proper lifting techniques and safety equipment
If currently experiencing chronic back pain, here are the steps to take in finding a treatment:
1) Consult your primary care physician. Describe the pain as best as you can in order to help the physician better understand and help to treat the pain (where is it coming from, is it sharp, shooting, burning, dull, numb, etc).
2) Research all treatment options. There are many options that people don't know of and we encourage all patients to do their research.
3) Start with the most conservative and minimally invasive treatments as possible.