LAMAR COUNTY A crash in Lamar County early Sunday morning killed three teenagers and sent five others to hospitals.
The Department of Public Safety said the pickup carrying eight people had just crossed over the Pat Mayse Lake dam on Highway 906, north of Paris and just south of the Oklahoma border.
Troopers said the 2005 Chevrolet truck was speeding when it left the road, hit some trees and landed in a ditch. The male driver and two female passengers were killed. The were identified as:
- Robert Russell, 18, from Paris
- Colbie Miller, 19, from Paris
- Bailee Elizabeth Sims, 19, from Paris
Mt. Vernon resident Joshua Chitsey, 18, was taken by air ambulance to Plano Medical Center for treatment. He was reported in stable condition.
The remaining passengers were taken to hospitals by ground ambulance:
- Dylan Stephens, 18, from Paris, went to Paris Regional Medical Center, where he was treated and released
- John Oud, 18, from Mt. Vernon, was in stable condition at Paris Regional Medical Center
- Colby White, 18, from Mt. Vernon, was treated and released at Paris Regional Medical Center
- Brittney Ann Beshirs, 18, from Reno, was treated and released at Paris Regional Medical Center