DALLAS An Amber Alert issued for a 16-year-old Dallas teen was canceled after he returned home early Thursday morning, according to Sgt. Warren Mitchell, a spokesman with the Dallas Police Department.

Police transported Aron Jones, who was uninjured, to their headquarters for questioning over his whereabouts between the time he was last seen Tuesday night and his safe return home more than 24 hours later.

Neighbors confirmed to Channel 8 that Jones called his family Wednesday night to let them know he was OK, but was being held against his will. In an e-mail Thursday morning, Mitchell said no arrests have been made yet in connection to the case.

Before he was found Thursday, Jones was last seen walking away from a residence in the 7900 block of Lost Mirage Drive on Tuesday night with two other young men.

The Texas Department of Public Safety identified one of the people believed to be holding Aron as Tarvarus Stuckey, a 24-year-old black man who stands 6'-4" and weighs 185 pounds. Officials believe he's driving a 2005 gold Land Rover with the license plate number DN2B787.

In a news release, Dallas police spokesman Sgt. Warren Mitchell said Jones is believed to have been kidnapped from his south Oak Cliff home at about 5 p.m. Tuesday and "is in imminent danger." The 16-year-old is 5'-7", 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. When he disappeared, he was wearing khaki pants, a black Polo shirt and blue and white sneakers, Mitchell said.

Aron's cousin, Derick Jones, said he feared the abduction was connected with drugs and possibly a female.

"He's 16 years old. He's a child, as far as I'm concerned," Derick Jones said. "I feel really bad, I feel helpless, I feel scared... I'm scared for Aron. But I'm happy that we heard from him."

Roderick Jones, the boy's stepfather, said Aron called home around 1 p.m. to say he was in some sort of danger.

"The only thing I know is, he called his daddy and told his daddy he was OK, and he's been held against his will, so what's going on right now is we're trying to find out where he is so we can get him back home," said Jones.

The family filed a missing persons report on Tuesday night. A police report shows that officers were sent to the home at 4:44 a.m. on Wednesday and labels the offense as "RUNAWAY\\\KIDNAPPING." The document says he was dropped off at school and did not return home.

Read or Share this story: