Here's a dessert item that combines two classic favorites Bananas Foster and Monkey Bread and is perfect for letting the kids help make.
- 2 cans of chilled biscuits (regular Poppin' Fresh or Grands)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp. of cinnamon (or more, to your taste)
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Separate biscuit dough and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Dredge dough pieces into cinnamon/sugar mixture and coat completely.
- Put sliced bananas in first then layer a biscuit. Repeat until all dough pieces are in pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter until completely dissolved. Add the vanilla and stir well. Pour the mixture over the biscuit dough.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn upside-down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.