PRINCETON Justin Brazil of Farmersville was in critical condition at Parkland Memorial Hospital Saturday after being shot in the head in what police described as a road rage incident in Collin County Friday night.

Brazil, a father and stepfather of four children, is now fighting for his life, surrounded by family members.

We've got eight days to Christmas, and now his children are not going to have their day to open presents with him because of something so childish, said family friend Patti Sherrow. I thank God Justin is alive.

Bobby Carl Schule, 47, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and was being held at the Collin County Jail.

You pull up to a car and start shooting at random people. You don't know who is going to be affected by this. It's outrageous, Sherrow said.

Princeton police Chief James Waters said it all started about 10 miles west in McKinney when the suspect's car was cut off on Highway 380. The occupants of both cars yelled at one another and even threw things at each other as they drove east.

The rolling altercation culminated in gunfire in Princeton around 8:45 p.m. Waters said as many as seven rounds were fired by Schule.

A second person in the victim's car who was hurt by flying glass was able to take down information on the suspect's vehicle and called police.

Texas Department of Public Safety troopers pulled over a car fitting the description about a mile away, and took the two people in that car in for questioning.

Chief Waters said Schule was arrested after admitting that he had discharged a handgun at the other car. Police said that gun and multiple other weapons were found in Schule's vehicle.

Sherrow told News 8 Brazil is also engaged to marry the mother of his youngest daughter. He grew up in Farmersville and graduated from the high school. He played high school football and currently plays for the North Texas Lightning, one of the teams in the Texas United Football League.

Two families are devastated forever. Was it worth it? Sherrow asked.

News 8 tried to contact the suspect's family, but we did not receive a response.


Read or Share this story: